Wisats 2016 Call for Participation
Registration now open -> Author, Non-Author, 1-Day Student options
WISATS 2016 Workshop confirmed:Find our more about 2nd International Workshop on Communication Applications in Smart Grid (CASG 2016) here.
Keynote Speaker confirmed: Prof. Rahim Tafazolli, University of Surrey
Venue confirmed: WISATS 2016 will be held in Novotel Cardiff Centre
Submission open: more information available on the links below
WISATS 2016 Workshop Titles
- Communication Applications in Smart Grid
- Satellite Interference in a 5G World
- Satellite Enabled Intelligent Transport Systems
- Wireless, Computing and Satellite Systems Security.
8th EAI International Conference on Wireless and Satellite Systems
19th – 20st September 2016
South Wales, United Kingdom
There is an exciting range of activities around the world to develop smart, resilient and innovative wireless and satellite communication systems with capabilities to finally deliver the dream of ‘broadband anytime, anywhere on earth’ and cope with the coming data transmission deluge arising from smart homes and cities, driverless vehicles, connectivity for countless billions of sensors and functional items and assets¾ the so called Internet of Things (IoT), and data-rich multimedia services to billions of small mobile devices and fixed larger units anytime anywhere.
Meeting this need by the year 2020 and satisfying the on-going exponential growth in data consumption require seamless integration of 5G wireless terrestrial networks and smart satellite systems, economically augmented by wireline links (including powerline, DSL, cable modem and optical fibre), to provide timely ample-speed data delivery tailored to each service. There are however significant challenges, not least of which include overcoming the digital divide that still exists within nations and across geographical regions, and delivering broadband services in extreme-latitude regions that are invisible to geostationary satellites and uneconomic by terrestrial means. Furthermore, innovative solutions are needed to facilitate super-efficient utilisation of the radio spectrum, security and reliability, use of radio frequencies above Ka-band and dealing effectively with the attendant increased propagation impairments, design of intelligent link-adaptable transmitters, building high throughput satellite (HTS) systems with capacities approaching one terabit per second (Tbps), interference mitigation, energy efficiency and resource management, and so on.
Looking further ahead there may be sufficient advances in biosensors, touch sensors and haptic displays to usher in the multisensory Internet by year 2040, powered by a mobile 6G network operating under a canopy of interlinked GEO and non-GEO satellites, and adding tactile and olfactory functionalities to the audiovisual capabilities of today’s telecommunication networks, which would usher in limitless and revolutionary applications in medicine, commerce, entertainment, law enforcement, and all walks of life.
This conference will be a premier international forum for new and experienced researchers, developers and leaders of thought within academia, industry and regulatory bodies in Europe, North America and Asia to network together, cross-fertilise ideas and discuss new work and innovative techniques and solutions that advance the state of the art in wireless and satellite systems. Original contributions are welcome addressing the above challenges or charting a credible vision of the future through hardware design, signal processing, channel & system modelling, new protocols, architectures and applications of fundamental theory.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Accepted authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to one of the following Journals:
- Accepted authors will be also invited to submit an extended version in: